Your First Visit
Your initial visit will be one-hour long. During this first visit Dr. Manrique will thoroughly go over your medical history, perform a detailed physical exam, and review your recent labs and imaging studies. She will then discuss an individualized treatment plan that will address not only your physical concerns but also mental and emotional. Your first acupuncture treatment will be given on that first visit.
Follow-up visits are 45 minutes long. The subsequent visit includes a brief interview, acupuncture treatment, cupping, and meditation as indicated. Acupuncture sessions generally run 30 minutes. You will lie on a padded bed with soothing music in the background.
During all the visits, coaching on exercise, diet, sleep and meditative therapies will be given as part of the treatment plan.
The number of treatments differ. Long standing, chronic conditions may require 1-2 treatments per week for several months. For acute conditions fewer visits may be needed. Dr. Manrique recommends a regular visit not only to treat illness but also to maintain health and wellness.
What to Bring with You on Your First Visit
- The completed New Patient form.
- A list of the medicines you take, including over-the-counter and supplements.
- Results of previous lab work and imaging studies (MRI, X-rays, etc.), as applicable.
- Contact information of your primary care provider.
Preparing for Your Appointments
For maximum treatment results, please keep the following in mind:
- Please be on time for your appointments as a courtesy to those who have scheduled appointments after you.
- Eat a light meal a few hours before your visit.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing.
- Avoid alcohol, recreational drugs and heavy activity prior to and after your treatment.
- Follow your treatment plan between visits.
- Make sure to keep all of your appointments as each subsequent session builds upon the previous ones.